In the community
Performance and Goals
Performance highlights in 2010 and 2011 include the following:
- Introduced SRPs as the corporate standard for a consistent community responsibility approach across Kinross operations. See overview of SRPs in Managing Corporate Responsibility;
- Integrated our West African operations at Tasiast and Chirano into our CRMS;
- Advanced the development and implementation of community responsibility strategies at each site;
- Measured baseline conditions in each community in order to monitor ongoing results from implementation of the SRPs;
- Advanced specific stakeholder engagement initiatives at various sites, as outlined in regional summaries in this report;
- Identified new opportunities for engagement arising from SRP implementation; and
- Supported a wide range of community development and capacity-building programs and partnerships, detailed throughout this report.
- Continue integration of the SRP into business processes by conducting periodic SRP audits and by developing and implementing a performance measurement and reporting framework for the SRPs.
- Foster local procurement where possible by integrating the SRPs into the strategic business planning process for each site.
- Continue to develop the skills and knowledge of Kinross staff through CR training.
- Deliver SRP guidance and training for Kinross’ Exploration group.