In the workplace
Performance and Goals
Performance highlights in 2010 and 2011 include the following:
- Reorganized the human resources function to support growth, ensuring corporate standards are in place and met, while enabling the regions and sites to execute Kinross’ people strategy to meet local workforce needs;
- Advanced a global recruitment strategy and implemented regional recruitment plans;
- Established a human resources structure for West Africa, including a recruitment team, tools and processes;
- Developed a human capital strategy in Mauritania;
- Executed a Company-wide employee survey in 2011, achieving a participation rate of 78%;
- Established relationships with educational institutions in each region to support training and recruitment;
- Established Leadership Practices in 2010 and put in place a leadership development framework, including developing a Company-wide leadership strategy and curriculum;
- Advanced our program to accelerate future leaders from within the Company through succession management;
- Continued to focus on employee retention through action plans from the employee engagement survey, development of employees, supervisory training and ensuring our compensation programs are competitive;
- Expanded the Generation Gold program to include participants from each of our regions. Graduated the inaugural group of participants (from 2007) and transitioned them all into full-time positions around the globe;
- Advanced our review of global benefit programs for consistency and competitiveness, and advanced the development and deployment of compensation structures aligned to local market practices in key regions;
- Implemented an integrated Performance Management system in North America, with plans to continue roll-out in 2012;
- Received recognition from Waterstone Human Capital as one of Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures in 2011;
- Rolled out a Human Rights Adherence and Verification Program in 2010 and completed training in 2010 and 2011. Training will be conducted on an annual basis; and
- Celebrated our 2010 and 2011 Living Our Values Awards, honouring employees who demonstrate their commitment to our values.
2011 REGIONAL EMPLOYEE
WORKFORCE BY EMPLOYMENT TYPE
- Deliver comprehensive leadership and employee development strategy.
- Continue to advance and expand the Generation Gold program across Kinross, including introducing an exploration-specific program and similar regional programs.
- Implement a comprehensive recruitment strategy, including university and Generation Gold recruitment.
- Initiate the development of a global labour relations standard for all of Kinross’ operations and development projects.
- Continue to support corporate leaders through “Leading at Your Level” – a leadership philosophy that includes a range of tools and guidance to help our leaders, senior operations and project leads develop and demonstrate leadership behaviours, support the Talent/Succession Management process and help them effectively lead at their respective levels within the Kinross organization.